Ghana is a country in West Africa best known for its beautiful scenery. However, this post will share how much you need to host a website in Ghana.
Websites are part of our daily transactions. Having one is a good way to connect and reach out to many instantly.
As we’ll see in this post, a website has many other advantages. It will also guide you on how to create one.
It’s estimated that more than 200,000 websites are created in a day. The website business is booming, so why don’t you make yours too?
What’s a website, and why have it?
It’s a collection of related web pages held under a single domain. These web pages are accessible through the internet.
An individual or an institution can own a website. You only need an internet connection and a browser to access the website.
It’s a portal to connect, share and provide information for all. Here are reasons to have a website:
- To make money- websites are a source of income for many. Earn by having an online store, running ads, and more. Create your website today and start earning.
- Websites create an online presence- having a website provides proof. It establishes dominance in your field. It makes you known, and you can use this to grow.
- Establishes your brand- many get to know and interact with you from the website. It’s the best way to communicate with many instantly.
- It helps you compete with established brands- being online lets you instantly connect with millions. Not only that, but it also makes marketing your brand and growing to compete with established companies easy.
- Creating and managing a website is easy- thanks to technological advancements, one can create a website without coding. All these can be done and operated by a website builder. Why don’t you try it?
- Cost-effective- you can instantly create a free website to market your brand. Earn money from it and grow your venture as well.
- Helps grow a brand- a website can help your business sales rocket. It can also connect you to many buyers that will transform it.
Different people have many other reasons to have a website. Use these insights to build your website and transform your life.
Get to host a website in Ghana on a tight budget. Use free tools like OLITT to build and manage your site.
How to get started with a website in Ghana
Choose a domain name.
A domain is a name for your website. It’s what people will use on search engines to reach your site.
Before choosing a domain, you need to consider these:
- Have a simple name- one talks about your brand. Avoid a name that is hard to share or brand.
- Research first- get to know what will work. Learn about the market and then find ways to make it.
- Avoid double wordings, hyphens, and numbers- they make a domain look unprofessional. They also can be missed when typing, and one can’t reach your site.
- Use a keyword phrase- these are best suited to help your site rank. Please find the best name that fits your brand and is marketable.
The domain will be people’s first impression before reaching your website. Choose the best fit and watch your site grow.
Find a good hosting service.
Hosting is a service that websites need to be online. Web hosts provide it, and costs vary on what you need.
Using a web host like Truehost, get web hosting for as low as $1/month. It’s affordable for many, even for those with tight budgets.
Save on costs by utilising free tools like OLITT. Start your online presence instantly with a website builder like OLITT.
Get hosting services from Truehost and run your website effectively. These two offer the best and most reliable services.
Try them and get satisfactory results with your brand.
Decide on a CMS platform.
A Content Management System (CMS) will be where your content will show. There are different CMS like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
WordPress is the best and is recommended by many for its simplicity. It’s also secure, and over 34% of the websites are made from it.
Anyone can use the platform, offering free and paid plans. The plans are affordable and reliable for different sites.
Why don’t you choose this highly recommended platform? Besides, it has a vast community and support to help you solve issues.
Design your website
How do you want the website to look? The design makes your site stand out, retain and keep bringing new clients.
Decide the appropriate media, fonts, colours, and design flow. These aspects help your page speak out and be brandable.
Don’t copy someone’s design, be unique and use your creativity. Match your design to the product and services.
With that, your website will transform. It will also be easy to compete with an established brand without hassle.
Market your site
Let people know about your new site! Use free tools such as social media to spread the word. Later, plan on paid adverts to drive traffic.
Make use of SEO tools and build your brand. Make it easy for people to find you and transact without issues.
Use Google tools like Google Business to grow your venture. Reach out to friends and colleagues and share with them about your site.
Get the word out, and let your website grow!
How much does it cost to host a website in Ghana?
The cost varies on different web hosts and services provided in that plan. Most people prefer yearly to cost-effective monthly plans.
If you got a simple website, acquire the basic plan. These three sites will offer you the best.
Truehost (Single WordPress)
On this plan, contact the following:
- 30 GB SSD Storage
- 3 Email Account
- Free SSL
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 3 Subdomains
And more. All these and more will cost you $12 yearly, equivalent to ₵130. Use this plan to go live and build your brand.
Choose Truehost to host a website in Ghana. Their services are amazing, and they offer much free stuff.
Their uptime and customer service are top-notch. They also have remarkable rewards and discounts; get in touch today.
Stormerhost (₵108/year Shared)
Here is what you get!
- 1 GB storage
- 200 GB bandwidth
- 5 Email accounts
- Free SSL
- 5 Subdomains
It’s a good offer, and the company is based in Ghana and has built a good reputation. Try their services and have your website ready!
Their uptime and good service delivery have earned them many clients. Be part of them and let your website grow with a limited budget.
This web host provides affordable plans to host a website in Ghana. Their yearly standard package costs ₵100!
In this plan, get:
- Unlimited disk space
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited Emails
- Unlimited Subdomains
- High-end secure servers.
In addition to all these, they also have a free backup on a basic plan! Knowing that your website is safe and can be recovered instantly is incredible.
Their support team isn’t left behind, as they are up-to-date. They keep your website running smoothly and ensure to solve your issues instantly.
These three are part of the best web hosts to use. They will help you host a website in Ghana without hassle.
Try them and build a brand that reaches out to many.
It doesn’t cost much to host a website in Ghana. The process of getting your website live is also fast and easy.
A website offers a lot for everyone, and it pays to have one. A website makes it easy to brand, connect and grow your business.
These steps will guide you to having the best site in Ghana. Get started today and enjoy reaching out to many instantly.
Try to use the free tools and build your brand! Happy building!